The Foundation for Global Sports Development is committed to empowering youth through education. Our Exceptional Youth Scholarship reocgnizes youth who have demonstrated remarkable conduct through community service efforts, volunteerism and mentorship activities, in addition to achieving outstanding academic performance.
A total of ten (10) high school seniors will be awarded a one-time scholarship of $5,000 each to be applied towards cost of attendance including tuition, housing, books and other on-campus related expenses at accredited, four-year colleges and universities in the United States.
Open application for this scholarship is now closed. Please check back in Spring of 2017 to apply for the 2017 Exceptional Youth Scholarship.
Eligibility and Requirements
Youth must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
Must be a high school senior at the time of application
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Must have participated in some form of community service, volunteerism, or mentorship activities
U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Please check back in Spring of 2017 to apply for the 2017 Exceptional Youth Scholarship.
1. General Application, including the items below:
• Community service description and sign off form (to be completed by their supervisor or designated school official)
• Letter of recommendation form (to be submitted with the applicant’s letter of recommendation from an adult who is not related to the applicant)
• Description of personal statement required
• List of extracurricular activities, hobbies and interests
• List of the colleges and/or universities to which the applicant has applied, or will apply
• Description of financial need
2. Transcript displaying a 3.0 GPA or higher
3. Personal Statement:
In 500 words or less, describe a personal experience (challenge, achievement, community
service experience, etc.) that has helped shape you into the person you are today, and
the person you strive to become.