2018 Athletes in Excellence Award
The Athletes in Excellence Award from The Foundation for Global Sports Development recognizes exceptional athletes who uphold the values of good sportsmanship and fair play both on and off the field.
We believe in the importance of honoring athletes who use their achievements in sport as a catalyst to inspire positive change. Our athletes in excellence are acknowledged for their outstanding efforts in community outreach, humanitarianism and youth mentorship. As part of the award, recipients will receive a $10,000 grant, enabling them to pursue their passions and create even more positive change.
We are not currently accepting nominations for this award. Please check back in summer of 2019 for updates.
- Nominee must be at least 18 years of age.
- Nominee may be a citizen of any country.
- Nomination must include the following: Full Name of Athlete, Athlete’s contact info, including email address and phone number, Description of athlete’s community service, Outline of nominee’s athletic achievements, Photo of athlete, Contact information for person submitting the nomination
- Athletes may not nominate themselves.
- Individuals OR organizations may submit a nomination.
- Nominations may be sent to email@example.com
Learn more about the recipients of the award from previous years: