For the drink:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup hot, strong coffee (I did 4 tablespoons of coffee to 1 cup water in a French press)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce (my favorite recipe)
For the topping:
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- Whipped cream
- Caramel sauce
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk over low heat until very hot. Remove from heat and froth milk with a frother, whisk or immersion blender. Or, pour into a Mason jar, screw on lid and shake until very frothy.
- While the milk is heating, whisk together the coffee, cocoa, sugar and caramel sauce. Split the coffee mixture between two mugs.
- Pour the hot milk and foam into the coffee, dividing evenly between the two mugs.
- For the topping, mix together salt and sugar. Top each mug with whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce and a hefty sprinkling of the salt and sugar mixture.