Of our many new initiatives, the annual Exceptional Youth Scholarship program is one we are most excited to share with our followers.
EXCEPTIONAL YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP
Our new scholarship program recognizes youth who have demonstrated remarkable conduct through community service efforts, volunteerism and mentorship activities, in addition to achieving outstanding academic performance.
We are looking for ten high school juniors and seniors who have a passion for community service, a thirst for knowledge, and plans to attend a four-year college or university. The ten finalists will each receive a one-time scholarship of $5,000 to be applied towards cost of attendance including tuition, housing, books and other on-campus related expenses at accredited, four-year colleges and universities in the United States.
The deadline to apply for the 2015 Exceptional Youth Scholarship is May 16, 2015. Click here to apply.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
- Be a high school junior or high school senior planning to attend an accredited four year college or university in the United States
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Have participated in some form of community service, volunteerism or mentorship activities
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted beginning February 5, 2015. Click here to apply.To be considered for the award, applicants must complete and submit the following:
- General Application, including the items below:
- Community service description and sign off form (to be completed by their supervisor or designated school official)
- Letter of recommendation form (to be submitted with the applicants letter of recommendation from an adult who is not related to the applicant)
- Description of personal statement required (see below)
- List of extracurricular activities, hobbies and interests
- List of the colleges and/or universities to which the applicant has applied, or will apply
- Description of financial need
- Transcript displaying a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Personal Statement:
In 500 words or less, describe a personal experience (challenge, achievement, community service experience, and ext.) that has helped shape you into the person you are today, and the person you strive to become.
We encourage you to share this scholarship with high school students in your life. Here is a flier you may download, print for display, or email to anyone who may be interested.